Quantity Surveyor-Chesterfield (permanent)
Are you experienced Quantity Surveyor in M&E industry? Are you looking for a new role with the well-established company? If yes please read on.
Our client is well-established Mechanical and Electrical building services contractor. They are looking for a M&E Quantity Surveyor to work within their Chesterfield office. To apply for this role you need to hold a degree (or equivalent) and have a good working knowledge of quantity surveying ideally within an M&E environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- To manage the surveying activities you are assigned on a daily basis.
- You will be managing a wide range of projects across different sectors from retail to major commercial developments.
- Participate in tender handover meetings ensuring all relevant details are collected.
- Produce a relevant procurement strategy and associated buying schedule in conjunction with the PM.
- Procure Sub contract packages, approve sub contract orders ensuring compliance with specification, drawings and employers requirements.
- Produce project cash flow forecasts.
- Prepare, submit and agree applications for payment making sure a certificate is issued on time and invoice raised if appropriate. Pricing Variation accounts and sub-contract accounts, following both through to conclusion. To Manage and pro-actively support all commercial and surveying activities to ensure they reflect the requirements of the Business.
- Produce accurate monthly reports and attend financial and project review meetings as required.
- Advice on Terms and Conditions and Collateral warranties.
- Liaise with Credit Control in respect of debt and overdue accounts.
- Identify and escalate any commercial issues including potential EOT, acceleration and disruption issues.
- Must have good communication and organisation skills. Remain calm and focused, produce accurate reports and documents and show the ability to negotiate.
In return company offers:
- Good starting salary: £45k plus car allowance
- 25 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Full Time hours: Mon- Thursday 8.30am – 5pm and Friday 8.30am – 4pm
- Immediate start
To apply please send your CV to email@example.comApply Now