Maintenance / Small Works Manager
We are currently seeking to recruit an ambitious and driven Maintenance and Small Works Manager to join our client who are a growing building maintenance and construction company.
Due to strategically grown expansion they are seeking an experienced Maintenance Manager with experience running and quoting small works projects, to join their commercial small works team where you will be responsible for managing and overseeing maintenance teams.
You’ll be involved in both strategic planning and day-to-day operations, particularly in relation to buildings and premises.
You’ll need to:
- prepare documents to put out tenders for contractors
- project manage, supervise and coordinate the work of contractors
- calculate and compare costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money
- be able to price small project works on commercial premises
- work to a schedule of rates within current customer guidelines
- plan for future development in line with strategic business objectives
- manage and lead change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities
- plan best allocation and utilisation of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organising of current premises
- check that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed to a good standard.
- coordinate and lead one or more teams to cover various areas of responsibility
- use performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and deal with the consequences.
- Work closely with the help desk team
The ideal candidate will have:
- experience and proven track record in a maintenance and small works role
- industry specific knowledge
- Willingness to get involved in the work when needed
- interpersonal, relationship-building and networking skills
- procurement and negotiation skills
- experience in the pricing of small works
- the ability to multitask and prioritise your workload
- confident decision making
- time management skills
- project management skills
If you would like to know more about the Maintenance / Small Works Manager role then please call Amie on 01709 820102 or email email@example.comApply Now