Forklift truck Repair Engineer
Are you a plant/fork lift truck/HGV engineer looking to work for a reputable company based in Sheffield? Are you looking for day shift Mon-Fri? If so read on….
Our client, established in 1989 provides a complete sales, maintenance, repair and hire service, meeting the materials handling requirements of businesses throughout all Yorkshire, North Derbyshire and North Nottinghamshire.
We are working with them to recruit a permanent, workshop based, experienced, plant/ fork truck technician to cover the demands of their expanding business. This is working at their site in Sheffield.
- To complete day to day service, repair and maintenance of forklift trucks, handling equipment and plant
- To complete inspections and safety checks in accordance with industry practice and regulations
- Complete fault finding and repairs to meet first-fix targets
- Sourcing of parts from internal or external suppliers
Communicate quickly/efficiently to ensure downtime is kept to a minimum and achieve first-fix targets
- Work to company procedures and current Health and Safety / COSHH regulations
- Continually seek and act upon opportunities for personal and team development
- Carry out other duties which may or may not be related to the job, as reasonably requested by management
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- Recent and relevant experience of working in the forklift truck or related service environment
- Proficient in fault finding and repair
- Proven communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience of automotive, HGV, access platform, construction or other industrial vehicle service
- City and Guilds in Motor Vehicle Technology or equivalent
- Good standard of education
- Full driving licence
- LOLER / CFTS Thorough Examination certification
- Professional approach
- Ability to plan and prioritise effectively and work within tight deadlines
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Team player with a flexible approach and a willingness to learn
In return, the company will offer:
40 hours per week plus paid overtime
Contributory pension scheme
Paid health insurance scheme
Base salary £22,800 depending on qualifications and experience.
To apply for this role please call Monika 01709 820102 or send a CV to email@example.comApply Now